Miss Tasty's Cafe

I chop, I dice, I mix until moistened, I whip to soft peaks, I boil, broil, bake and braise, simmer over medium heat, chill over night ... And of course, there's eating. Tasting, nibbling, chomping, savouring ... I'm a licking-the-bowl-clean, sopping-up-the-sauce, juice-running-down-my-fingers food enthusiast ... Yep. I love food.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

bad, bad blogger

Yes. It has been three months since I posted. And I'll tell you why.

For three of those months, I could eat nothing but peanut butter toast and citrus fruit. Because I happened to be growing an embryo in me, see, and that sort of thing can make a person very, very ill. It can make a food lover detest the mere thought of edibles that she once loved beyond words. Food aversions? Pretty much anything made me want to vomit.

And then it passed! And I could eat again! Everything except Indian curry, which I ate while just barely pregnant and had a terrible reaction to. I'm not quite sure if I'll ever be able to eat it again.

So here's an interesting thing to ponder - not only do I love food. But now, I AM food. Yes, it's a baby and will be cute and all of that wonderful stuff. But the relationship here, folks, is a parasitic one. It takes everything it needs - including leaching calcium from my very bones if I don't consume enough. It's very bizarre.

And soon enough, my body will be producing food. Milk, that is. Human milk. Like I said - it's very bizarre.

Anyway, now that I have "come out" as pregnant to friends and family, I can return to blogging life.

So - hi!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hungry T said...

I am so glad you are back, my friend.

I briefly considered a sarcastic comment comparing your child to a bad case of worms, but that just seemed inappropriate :)

You are like one complete, living, walking and talking food chain. Amazing.

16/4/06 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home