Miss Tasty's Cafe

I chop, I dice, I mix until moistened, I whip to soft peaks, I boil, broil, bake and braise, simmer over medium heat, chill over night ... And of course, there's eating. Tasting, nibbling, chomping, savouring ... I'm a licking-the-bowl-clean, sopping-up-the-sauce, juice-running-down-my-fingers food enthusiast ... Yep. I love food.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Long Absence

It's been awhile. But I've been eating plenty.

You can see my post about my cross-cultural Thanksgiving meal at my dinner club's blog.

Another meangingful meal was my 5th wedding anniversary dinner at Nuestra Cocina. We've been going there since opening day, and they continue to send out beautiful dishes from the open kitchen. That night, it was a glorious pumpkin soup and warm, soft, aromatic slow-cooked pork tacos on handmade corn tortillas, simply adorned with chopped sweet onion, cilantro and sour cream. The margaritas might as well come with their own mariachi band, they are so sublime. The perfect thing for commemorating our nuptials on that remote Mexican beach.

Of course, with a house full of boxes in various states of unpackedness, we find ourselves eating over the kitchen sink as of late. Or eating on the floor in front of the TV, which is also sitting directly on the floor, stuffing our faces with something mashed together from our as-yet bare bones fridge and watching Desperate Housewives. Classy. We need a dining room table very, very badly.

Do I tear out the kitchen and start over? That's the question of the month. Seems like if we do one thing, we should just do everything. Once you move the fridge you have to move the stove, which means you have to reroute the gas line, which means you have to move the dishwasher ... and so forth.

For now, maybe I will just paint it and call it good. So that I can get cooking, at least!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home