Miss Tasty's Cafe

I chop, I dice, I mix until moistened, I whip to soft peaks, I boil, broil, bake and braise, simmer over medium heat, chill over night ... And of course, there's eating. Tasting, nibbling, chomping, savouring ... I'm a licking-the-bowl-clean, sopping-up-the-sauce, juice-running-down-my-fingers food enthusiast ... Yep. I love food.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Hospital food - who knew?

I just had the strangest experience.

For lunch I had the most delicious bowl of chicken gumbo. And this chicken gumbo was purchased at the "Lovejoy Cafe" at none other than Good Samaritan Hospital while waiting for my mom to get a CAT scan. The gumbo was chock full of white meat, fresh sweet corn kernals, magically firm and tasty okra, a rich tomato base, herbs, black pepper, and so on.

And the whole bowl was just $1.90. I would seriously consider stopping there for lunch on occasion if I worked in that part of town. The atmosphere wasn't bad either. Wonders never cease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home