Miss Tasty's Cafe

I chop, I dice, I mix until moistened, I whip to soft peaks, I boil, broil, bake and braise, simmer over medium heat, chill over night ... And of course, there's eating. Tasting, nibbling, chomping, savouring ... I'm a licking-the-bowl-clean, sopping-up-the-sauce, juice-running-down-my-fingers food enthusiast ... Yep. I love food.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Cure Your Own


Book I want: Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing, by Michael Ruhlman. I'm putting it on my Christmas wish list. I reviewed his Soul of a Chef back when I had a book column - his writing is so easy and lovely. While I'm waiting to see if someone gift wraps Charcuterie and puts my name on it, Ruhlman's article in the NY Times made me wiggle with curiosity -- he gives instructions for curing your own bacon.

I might as well buy a whole pig at this point. Back fat, belly ... and to think that at one time in my life I refused to eat pork.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hungry T said...

Ms. T -

Our good friend C.G. and her co-workers are purchasing a whole pig. C.G. also purchased a big freezer for said purpose. If you are serious, we should see if the EP folks want to get a pig, and ask C.G. where they are getting theirs. Maybe even rent space in her freezer. We could follow the Wine & Spirits guide, and make food from every part of the animal. Doesn't that sound fun?

9/11/05 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home