Miss Tasty's Cafe

I chop, I dice, I mix until moistened, I whip to soft peaks, I boil, broil, bake and braise, simmer over medium heat, chill over night ... And of course, there's eating. Tasting, nibbling, chomping, savouring ... I'm a licking-the-bowl-clean, sopping-up-the-sauce, juice-running-down-my-fingers food enthusiast ... Yep. I love food.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

What the World Eats


Appalling. Fascinating. Humbling. Check out this photo essay from Time magazine. Each family recorded every single thing they ate or drank for one week. The families and their foodstuffs were then assembled and arranged for portraits. I am rather disappointed in the Sicilians ... and completely amazed by the Aboubakar family ... and those Cuernavacans! All that fruit looks so goooood. You can imagine what the Americans look like. Plenty of colorful wrappers, and a few stalks of broccoli. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home