Miss Tasty's Cafe

I chop, I dice, I mix until moistened, I whip to soft peaks, I boil, broil, bake and braise, simmer over medium heat, chill over night ... And of course, there's eating. Tasting, nibbling, chomping, savouring ... I'm a licking-the-bowl-clean, sopping-up-the-sauce, juice-running-down-my-fingers food enthusiast ... Yep. I love food.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

5 Things About Me

I feel strangely legitimized. I've finally been tagged. Thanks, Hungry T.

1. I was really, really, really scared to become a mom. And now, as gaggingly Hallmark as it sounds, I can't figure out why I didn't do it sooner. It's, like, the most joyful, hilarious, important thing I've ever done. And it pulls me right out of my self-centered ways, so, yeah, it makes me a better person.

2. I don't like beef. In any form. I hate the texture. I hate the flavor. The only beef I have ever enjoyed is the Neua Naam Tok flank steak salad at Whiskey Soda Lounge. It's redolent with lemongrass, shallots, lime juice, and mint - and burns the back of my tongue just so. Occasionally, I will drown a burger in condiments.

3. I'm allergic to every class of antibiotic (at least, so far). When I fill out my drug allergies, my doctors always say, "Hmmm, uhhh ... so what do they do when you need an antibiotic?" To which I say, "Aren't you the doctor?" It's either swelling up and wheezing, or vomiting.

4. I equally love a very fine, exquisitely prepared meal and dive-y Mexican food and that pototoes au gratin in a box from Trader Joe's (just add water). I've made rigatoni with fried fingerling potatoes, sausage and broccolini one night ... and eaten cottage cheese straight from the container the next.

5. I really wanted Sisely to win. Minor girl crush, there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home