Miss Tasty's Cafe

I chop, I dice, I mix until moistened, I whip to soft peaks, I boil, broil, bake and braise, simmer over medium heat, chill over night ... And of course, there's eating. Tasting, nibbling, chomping, savouring ... I'm a licking-the-bowl-clean, sopping-up-the-sauce, juice-running-down-my-fingers food enthusiast ... Yep. I love food.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Horrible Staff Luncheons

A conference room that smells like a Safeway deli is a terrible place. Sliced meat, mushy tomato slices and florescent lighting. Ehhhhhh ....

Lunches and staff meetings. I don't care how you try to dress it up, the scalloped edges on the black plastic veggie trays don't fool me. Why is it that staff luncheon pasta salad is always underseasoned? What is the fascination with large bowls of white rolls? The way the mayo bowl gets that hard yellow film over it is so ... oogy.

The chili wasn't half bad, though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hungry T said...

Hate to brag here, Miss Tasty, and you may already know this, but staff lunches and meetings at the office of a wine importer/wholesaler are anything but dull. Exotic cheeses, crusty bread, salami, sometime Hot Lips Pizza on a busy Friday. And, ALWAYS, good wine.

2/11/05 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home